Conductor Anchor Node (CAN) Conductor Support Technology
The Conductor Anchor Node (CAN) technology saves money and environmental risks by pre-installing conductor support, for example, in deepwater / shallow reservoirs or in soft geotechnical conditions.
The conventional drilled/cemented or jetted conductor is replaced by a Conductor Anchor Node, which is a specially designed suction anchor with integrated conductor.
A DP vessel is used to install the CAN/Conductor ahead of rig arrival, thus removing the 36’’ (42’’) hole drilling, conductor running and cementing operations from the rig drilling schedule.
There are many benefits to pre-installing a Neodrill ICON Conductor Anchor Node (CAN)
A production version of the CAN - the CAN-integrator - is a proven and cost effective satellite well solution. Shown here is an integrated NeoDrill CAN, GE Wellhead, Flowbase & XT, and CompOcean Protection Structure
A Conductor Anchor Node being fabricated for the Australian market
Developed by Neodrill and marketed by ICON Engineering, the Conductor Anchor Node (CAN) offers multiple benefits:
- Conductor Anchor Node (CAN) Mitigates Risk in Soft Seabeds
- Pre-Installation of Conductor Anchor Node Saves Cost, Cuts Rig Time
- Conductor Anchor Node gives Multiple Benefits when Developing Shallow Reservoirs
- Fatigue Management of Conductor
- Safe and Efficient Installation of Conductor by Jetting
- Production CAN integrates between drilling, SPS (Subsea Production System) and SURF installation operations