8th February 2018
ICON plans for 1st West African wellhead platform
Wellhead platform is 1st field development project in West Africa
Builds on 2017 African CCTLF sale by drilling unit
Leading Australian offshore engineers, ICON Engineering, has delivered its first field development work in West Africa, supporting the planning for a wellhead platform and processing facilities.
The proposal has utilised ICON's 21 year history of innovative offshore engineering, by examining different development solutions and operating models for smaller, and sometimes marginal, oil and gas fields.
The client was particularly keen on examining the feasibility of various early production systems, and staged development scenarios.
ICON's independence from capital assets such as lift barges and work boats means it can look at all methods of installation and commissioning, and determine the most appropriate development plan for that specific asset, that specific client in that specific region.
This contract win follows on from the deployment of an ICON compensated tension lift frame, the Advanced Riser Tension Protector (ARTP), to ENI's Offshore Cape Three Peaks project in Ghana in 2017.
The operators are anticipating the wellhead platform project will reach FID this year.
For further information, please call:
David Field, Managing Director
T: +61 8 6313 5500
A: Level 1, 50 Kings Park Road, West Perth WA 6005, Australia
Further Information for Editors
• ICON has installed more offshore platforms with jackup drilling rigs than any other company worldwide and is expert in minimal facilities installation techniques such as Minnowpods, Monopods and Annex wellhead platforms.
• ICON’s work won a British Government engineering award for the innovative North Sea design and installation method of Shell’s Skiff oilfield and installed the first fixed wellhead platform in the Timor Sea.
• ICON has carried out the deepest and lowest cost deployment of flexible flowlines carried out from a semi-submersible drilling rig in Australia and has pioneered mini-floatover technology for installing small topsides in weight range up to 1200 tonnes.
• ICON is a world leader in the supply of conductor tensioning systems for jackup drilling rigs from the Gippsland Basin to the Gulf of Mexico and is renowned for completing difficult upgrades to drilling rigs outside shipyards in remote offshore locations.
• ICON’s growing equipment division sells and rents equipment internationally and focuses on developing niche equipment to support construction and drilling operations.
• ICON designs and manufactures heave compensated systems for drilling locked to bottom well test conditions.
More Related Articles