Our Innovative Approach
ICON provides a one stop turnkey service for the design, fabrication and installation of legendary innovations. It has detailed knowledge of drilling operations, resulting in practical construction solutions. Our smart scheduling and execution strategies minimises offshore time delivery value to our customers.
Some of our key achievements and world firsts include:
- ICON has installed more offshore platforms with jackup drilling rigs than any other company worldwide….read more about ICON's range of Wellhead Platforms
- ICON are experts in minimal facilities installations such as MonoPods, MinnowPods and Annex Platforms.
- ICON installed the world’s deepest Conductor Anchor Node (CAN-ductor), the 1st Australasian deployment and the first CAN-ductor installed by Anchor Handling Tug.
- ICON’s work has won a British Government engineering award for the innovative North Sea design and installation method of Shell’s Skiff oilfield.
- ICON pioneers the use of innovative materials to design robust, cost effective solutions to field development challenges: read about ICON's Ichthys Mid Depth Buoys
- ICON installed the first fixed platform in the Timor Sea: BHP Petroleum - Buffalo Field Development: Installation of Wellhead Platform
- ICON holds worldwide patents for its innovative designs in Wireline and Coiled Tubing (CT) Lift Frames and marginal field development solutions
- ICON has carried out the deepest and lowest cost deployment of flexible flowlines carried out from a semi-submersible drilling rig in Australia: Esso Australia Ltd - Blackback Phase 1 Development Project: Placement of Subsea Flowline Jumpers
- ICON has pioneered mini-floatover technology for installing small topsides in the weight range up to 1500 tonnes: Murphy Sarawak West Patricia PA Topsides Installation
- ICON is a world leader in the supply of conductor tensioning systems for jackup drilling rigs from the Gippsland Basin to the Gulf of Mexico.
- ICON is renowned for completing difficult upgrades to drilling rigs outside shipyards in remote offshore locations: MODU Modifications EPC modifications to drill rigs, offshore platforms and FPSOs Rig Upgrades Deck Extensions and Strengthening.
- ICON’s growing equipment division sells and rents equipment internationally and focuses on developing niche equipment to support construction and drilling operations; Custom Drilling and Completions Equipment and Support; Equipment Lifting, Handling and Deployment on Drilling Rigs
- ICON dominates the Australian market for heave compensated systems and for drilling locked to bottom well test conditions. This is an area of compensation that requires the highest level of reliability.