28th June 2021
Norwegian and Australian offshore innovators combine forces for emergency pipeline repair, intervention and decommissioning
- IK-Group and ICON Engineering have announced a strategic alliance, aimed at offering Operators upstream and downstream intervention, repair and decommissioning capacity.
- IK-Group and ICON Engineering tie up represents five decades of innovation and world firsts.
- IK-Group’s emergency engineering capability and product catalogue dovetails with ICON’s extensive offshore execution track-record.
IK-Group COO Adrian Gamman said the alliance will be able to provide to the Australasian offshore market, through ICON, IK’s specialist products and services for Pipe and Pipelines, Subsea and Topsides. “These are exciting times, and we are looking forward to growing this relationship in the years to come,” he said.
The innovative provision of often bespoke solutions to offshore engineering problems was a common factor that led to the alliance.
Commenting on the new strategic alliance, Mr Gamman, said “With ICON’s local presence and IK’s track record, we believe this agreement will suit the Australian market very well. ICON’s head office is located in Perth WA, which will enable ICON to provide IK-Group’s solutions to the local market with a much quicker response time and a better understanding of the local market.
“Specifically, this will be hugely beneficial to the end client when working on fast track deployment of emergency repairs that are synonymous with IK-Group.”
ICON Managing Director David Field commented "ICON and IK-Group have very similar innovative cultures. Our respective, and complimentary, product and services lines have all evolved from solving technically challenging and real problems, often when there simply isn't a solution anywhere.”
“At our respective Company's cores are very capable Technical and Management Teams, experienced with execution in the field, and the proven ability to respond quickly.
“With Covid-19 restricting travel it makes a lot of sense for the two companies to collaborate by sharing our service offerings on either side of the planet. Nothing beats face to face meetings with Clients; the collaboration means there is a way to meet face to face to understand the problem and develop solutions using our combined technical horsepower," said Mr Field.
The Norwegian-based IK-Group has over 30 years in the fast-tracked deployment of emergency repairs to offshore subsea equipment and pipelines, while repairs, upgrades and modifications to fixed and floating rigs are a core part of ICON’s well established Rig, Vessel and Platform Modifications business unit.
ICON Engineering is an Australian oil and gas services company focused on delivering practical solutions to onshore and offshore field developments focussing on equipment for drilling operations, and the design and installation of minimal wellhead platforms for marginal field developments or extensions.
- About ICON Engineering
ICON has installed more offshore platforms with jackup drilling rigs than any other company worldwide and is expert in minimal facilities installation techniques such as Minnowpods, Monopods and Annex wellhead platforms.
- ICON’s work won a British Government engineering award for the innovative North Sea design and installation method of Shell’s Skiff oilfield and installed the first fixed wellhead platform in the Timor Sea.
- ICON has carried out the deepest and lowest cost deployment of flexible flowlines carried out from a semi-submersible drilling rig in Australia and has pioneered mini-floatover technology for installing small topsides in weight range up to 1200 tonnes.
- About IK-Group
Brilliant Engineering is the DNA of IK-Group - IK has a 30+ year history as an innovative supplier of specialist products and services for Pipe and Pipelines both Subsea and Topside.
- Maintaining our customers’ cash flow while performing maintenance and intervention is our core mission. Our patented designs for isolation and repair of Pipe/Pipeline from 1-46” has a proven track record onshore, topside and subsea.
- Reducing costly subsea operations with innovative alternatives and surgical precision - IK-Group is big enough for the big challenges but small enough to be agile.
For more information:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +61 (08)6313 5500
More Related Articles