Talisman Malaysia Limited
Talisman Bunga Kekwa C Annex Platform: Conceptual Design and Installation
ICON Engineering undertook a conceptual review and recommended an annex monopod platform braced back to the existing BKC wellhead platform as the most cost effective solution for Talisman to add new wells on the BKC platform. The design concept was able to be installed by drilling rig or derrick barge.
Talisman Malaysia Limited (TML) required additional wells on the BKC platform.
The design concept was able to be installed by drilling rig or derrick barge. Although the initial plan was to use a rig, the platform was finally installed by ICON using the crane barge Seminole due to delayed arrival of the rig. ICON worked through the Christmas – New Year period to re-engineer the installation procedures to suit the derrick barge. Offshore work was undertaken in the monsoon season of January 2007.
ICON’s work scope included the following:
- Conceptual design
- Detailed installation engineering
- Engineering support during fabrication
- Management of offshore construction
- Procurement and logistics support for installation
- Provision of engineering, supervision and leading hands offshore
Detailed design of the platform was undertaken by TML’s engineering contractor in Malaysia with review and assistance from ICON.
Annex Platform Data
- Location Gulf of Thailand, Malaysia
- Water Depth 55m
- Lateral Brace 16 t, tied to existing BKC
- Monopod weight 353 t
- Topsides weight 150 t
- Conductor pile size 0.914m
- Diameter 138m long